From 5 August 2019 respondents to a Code Pink will be the maternity team (medical and midwifery) and nursing coordinator only.
Anaesthetic and neonatal teams no longer need attend.
When to call?
Always call a code if concerned – do not hesitate.
Code Pink response includes but is not limited to:
- Shoulder dystocia
- Seizure (eclampsia suspected)
- Fetal compromise (abnormal CTG not requiring Code Green)
- Dinoprostone hyperstimulation
- Imminent birth outside of birth suite
- Imminent complex birth (eg breech, preterm)
Additional help required / anticipated?
For anaesthetic support call:
- 3051 at Monash Medical Centre Clayton
- 3054 at Dandenong Hospital
- 3053 at Casey Hospital
For neonatal support call 999 Neonatal Code Blue
Further emergency response if required: MET, Adult Code Blue, Code Green.
Detailed information will be available on Prompt from Monday 5 August 2019: Code pink – Maternity Emergency Procedure