Susan commenced her career at Dandenong Hospital in 1979 and has worked in many areas across the organisation, such as ICU, CCU, Midwifery and SCN, and then moved to surgical wards. 15 years ago, Susan became a Nurse Manager of SW3 Orthopaedic Ward dealing with elective and trauma patients.
Susan brings direction, stability and problem solving to her team and is committed to learning and developing herself and others always shares information freely. She is educated on all technological changes and deals with emergencies and difficult situations well.
She is a caring, compassionate, dedicated nurse and an advocate for her patients. She always listens and explains medical conditions or concerns clearly and simply, addressing patients and families as required, making difficult situations bearable.
Susan has been recognised for a range of awards such as:
- 2012 – Recognition and Reward Award – iCARE Value & Excellence
- 2014 – Monash Health Innovation & Quality Award, Elective Hip and Knee Orthopaedic Patient Journey: empowering patients and clinicians
- 2014 – Monash Health Innovation and Quality Award: South West 3 Falls Strategy
- 2014 – Innovation Award – Health Round Table – for Falls Prevention
- 2014 – Published – Falls in an Acute Hospital Setting
- 2015 – Published – Quality Assurance of Falls Reduction in an Orthopaedic Ward
- 2018 – Monash Health iCARE Award – Diversional therapy for Delirium Patients with Twiddle mitts
Congratulations to all our recipients at the Length of Service Awards. Please stay tuned over the coming week as more biographies on our 40 and 45 year recipients will be published.