We are committed to providing you with a safe and inclusive workplace, free from bullying and harassment, where everyone is treated with dignity, courtesy and respect. As part of this commitment, we publicly report to you on bullying and harassment every quarter.
In the quarter October to December 2019:
• Nine new complaints of bullying and harassment were lodged; three of these matters were finalised and the remaining six are continuing to be investigated.
• Five investigations, which commenced in the previous quarters, were finalised.
• One bullying and harassment complaint was substantiated.
• Three bullying and harassment investigations were unsubstantiated.
• Three complaints of bullying and harassment were withdrawn by employees.
• One breach of the Code of Conduct was substantiated.
Upon review of the statistics from 2018 and 2019, it is pleasing to see 14 fewer complaints (a decrease of more than 23%) received about bullying and harassment, and four fewer incidents of substantiated bullying and harassment.
Bullying and Harassment Findings Comparison 2018 & 2019
We take this process seriously. I strongly encourage you to speak up if you witness, or are subject to, inappropriate or harmful behaviour.
- You can speak to your manager in the first instance.
- You can contact HR directly on 9265 2724, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stop Line, the Monash Health Integrity Hotline, enables employees within Monash Health to report instances of improper conduct within the workplace. The Integrity Hotline is an independent, third party organisation to which matters of improper conduct can be reported, anonymously if preferred. The purpose of the Integrity Hotline is to enable you to report suspected or actual improper conduct in the workplace in a safe, confidential and protected manner. You can call Stop Line on 1300 304 550.
- You can get in touch with me directly via email or phone.
The Bullying and Harassment Policy is located on PROMPT for you to review at any time.
Executive Director – People & Culture