Our Health and Wellbeing theme for February is Psychological Wellbeing
In the 2019 People Matter survey, you told us that Psychological Wellbeing was an important area for you. We have responded by providing significantly improved and increased levels of service and support.
What have we done:
- Expanded our Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Changes have included increasing the number of wellbeing sessions available to employees; additional support streams covering Legal and Money Assist, the introduction of the new EAP Connect App; and an improved Health and Wellbeing information portal.
- Introduced an online Mental Health and Wellbeing program (developed with the Black Dog Institute). This e-learning package consists of the following four modules, which include podcasts and supporting resources:
- Prevalence of Mental Illness
- Signs and Symptoms of Stress
- Looking After Your Team
- Self-Care: Ways to Wellbeing
Free Massage /Exercise Sessions in February
During February we are offering free 5-minute massage sessions across nine of our sites. These are sponsored by Medibank, one of our wellbeing supporters. Make sure you take time out of your day and take advantage of this opportunity. Even a quick 5-minute massage can help you feel energised, rejuvenated and relaxed.
Exercise is not only good for physical health but also mental health. In February the Health Wise Fitness Centre will offer free access to selected exercise classes at each of their facilities.
Five things you can do to support your Psychological Wellbeing
- Complete the Mental Health and Wellbeing online Training
- Visit the EAP intranet page to see the full range of services available to you and your family
- Put time aside for a 5-minute massage when they come to your site
- Make 2020 your best year yet – set your health goals, start small and set deadlines
Find out what other Health and Wellbeing information and resources are available at Monash Health by visiting the Monash Care intranet page