While there is much to update you on, most importantly today, I would like to ask you to pause and remember to take care of yourself and remind you that we are here to support you while you focus on providing the best of care to our community. What is evident from countries across the globe as they too share the challenges of COVID-19, is this is a continuing situation.
With mounting media attention and anxiety in the community, it’s important to remember that we know how to effectively manage infectious diseases at Monash Health. We can rely on first principles with established procedures in place for hand hygiene, cleaning, and emerging methods for COVID-19-specific management. Please refer to PROMPT, ask your manager, and access materials on LATTE if you are unsure. Additional training sessions for the application and removal of Personal Protective Equipment is already underway with more planned; details are available in the link below.
We recognise vital work needs to continue, but this must be balanced with priorities such as family and our home lives. Please keep in mind that if you are unwell or have had close contact with a COVID-19 positive person, you must not come to work, and you may need to self-isolate. Although staying away at this time goes against the compassionate and kind mindset of Monash Health employees, we are all of us, more than our jobs. We must rest, decompress and, at times, recover from illness to be able to give our best upon our return. We must also care for our family and loved ones, particularly children and the elderly.
Online resources are available for you and your family; links to some of these are below. Also, we have the Employee Assistance Program on 1300 687 327.
The information and instructions you receive regarding COVID-19 hinge on the ongoing advice from the Victorian State Government, the Australian Government, the World Health Organisation, and our Health Incident Command Team which includes our infectious diseases expert, among others. Much of this advice will be amended as the rate and pattern of transmission evolves. It is critical to stay up-to-date using credible sources such as the Monash Health COVID-19 employee website and the DHHS website and their daily update.
As always, please take care, use the resources available, and reach out should you need assistance.
Firstly, read a big ‘thank you’ from our community.
- Isolated, but not alone – Read the DHHS guides on when to self-isolate and tips on how to do it without going ‘stir-crazy’.
- Monash Health employee hotline is now live – Read details of how to get answers specific to Monash Health employees.
- Advice for parents when talking to children about coronavirus – Watch the SchoolTV.me video.
Protecting our patients, our families and each other
- Visitor restrictions latest advice 20 March 2020 – Read changes to visitor numbers and hours and download posters. Managers please remove outdated posters and place latest versions in appropriate areas. Please do not alter messaging on posters.
- Hand hygiene reminder – Read and refresh your memory on the ‘5 moments of hand hygiene’.
- Immunocompromised or pregnant employees – Read the latest guidelines.
- Employee-only COVID-19 screening sessions now available at Clayton, Berwick and Dandenong – Find out more here.
- The Monash Health Health Incident Command Team – Read how the HICT is acting on the latest advice for managing COVID-19 and download the newest structure.
- Research Support and Clinical Trials Centre update – Read the latest guidelines.
- PPE training refreshers and clinical PPE Super Users – Read details for PPE training coming to a ward near you soon.
- Make sure we can get in touch with you – Read how to update your details on Employee Self Service.
- Introducing Webex for teleconferencing – Download the instructions and set yourself and your team up to run virtual meetings.
- COVID-19 cyber scams – Be aware of phishing and malware with COVID-19 titles find out more here.