The wellbeing of our volunteers is paramount, so we have decided to undertake the following short term changes to volunteer services at Monash Health commencing 20 March 2020 until further notice.
These changes will be subject to review:
- All Volunteers with chronic health conditions and those over 65 years of age are being asked not to attend volunteer shifts. We will welcome them back when the situation changes.
- Volunteers who have returned from overseas in the past fortnight, or have fever or symptoms of respiratory illness, are being asked not to attend volunteer shifts.
- The following volunteer roles will cease for the time being:
- All volunteer roles at residential aged care facilities
- All volunteer roles at Cranbourne and Springvale Community Health centres and the Kingston Adult Day Activity Service
- All Spiritual Care Services
- All Palliative Care Services
- Some roles at Thomas Street that are not listed in the ‘continue’ section
- Volunteer roles that reduce employee workload in clinical settings may continue and include:
- Emergency Department
- Ward Ambassadors
- Front Entrance Guides
- Intensive Care Unit
Please encourage all continuing volunteers to complete the following learning modules and reading:
- Latte Module: Hand Hygiene
- Latte Module: Infection prevention – transmission-based precautions (please note clinical employees should indicate to volunteers when to use Personal Protective Equipment)
- Ten ways to reduce your risk of coronavirus
Should a ward or department wish to cease a volunteer role that is planned to continue, please discuss first with site management, and notify the relevant volunteer coordinator.