To keep us all safe, we need to reduce the number of people coming into Monash Health.
Monash Health is limiting the number and times visitors are permitted.
We understand this may cause disappointment, but these measures are necessary to keep people safe.
Of course, exceptional circumstances may occur that require an exemption. Please use the latest information and your clinical judgement of what is best for the patients in your care.
Visitors should not attend if they:
- Are unwell, or
- have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath, or
- have travelled overseas in the past 14 days, or
- have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
Unless otherwise indicated below:
- There is to be no more than one visitor per day, per patient.
- No children under 16 years of age
- Between hours of 10.00am to 8.00pm
Variations to this are as follows:
- Maternity – Limited to partner only.
- Newborn- Parents only and at any time.
- Paediatrics- The patient’s carer can be with the child at all times.
- ICU (Adult and Paediatric)- Visit limited to 10 minutes per patient, with exceptions on a case-by-case basis.
- Residential Aged Care Recipients- Only on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, from 1.00pm to 5.00pm for up to one hour.
Restricting site access
We will also be increasing restrictions to access to our sites. Over the next 24 hours, access to sites will now be through one point only. All other access points will be via swipe card. Additional signage and security are being arranged to accommodate this.
As announced by the Premier on Sunday, schools across Victoria have now closed for the school holidays. At some point soon, we expect there will be extended closures to schools and pre-school centres outside of designated school holiday periods.
This will affect a large number of our employees. Healthcare is perhaps the most critical industry at this time, and we want to try and minimise the impact on our health care workforce.
Most schools have offered provisions for children of essential services workers starting at the end of school holidays from the 15 April. In the meantime, please talk to your manager or People and Culture representatives if you are affected by the school closures. You are encouraged to explore options of sharing care responsibilities. This may be with partners, family members or close friends who may be available or required to work from home, or are University students.
If you cannot attend work due to school or pre-school closures, and if appropriate to your role, explore working from home arrangements with your manager.
If working from home is not an option for you and you cannot attend work, you can access personal leave which covers carers leave, annual leave or other forms of paid or unpaid leave.
In order to ensure a fair and equitable process, please be prepared to provide evidence to support your caring responsibilities and school closure.
We understand this is a lot of change we are all having to adjust to. Please ensure you reach out to your colleagues, manager and the support services available to you which can be found on the Monash Care tab on the intranet.