During the COVID-19 response Monash Health is receiving an increased number of queries from businesses and the general public about donating food, toys and equipment such as Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
This generosity comes from a desire to thank and support frontline healthcare workers and we are grateful for this. However, it’s very important to keep in mind employee and patient safety.
If you receive any queries about donations of any type, please thank the potential donor and direct the call or email to the Monash Health Foundation. The Foundation can be contacted on 9594 2700 and via email to: email@example.com
An overview of what can and can’t be accepted is below:
- No donations of food that needs heating or refrigeration can be accepted, for food safety reasons
- If donations of other food are to be accepted the food items need to be individually wrapped, such as muesli bars. These items must not need refrigeration or heating.
- In the case of toy donations, the toys must be new, wrapped and sealed and able to be wiped down. For example, a sealed box of Lego. Cloth or wooden toys cannot be considered. More details about toy donations can be found here: https://monashchildrenshospital.org/support-us/donate/gifts-in-kind/
- Proposed donations of PPE will be directed by the Monash Health Foundation to Procurement
- Gifts of money or any other consumer items should be directed to the Monash Health Foundation.
For any other donation queries, please thank the potential donor and direct them to the Monash Health Foundation on the details above.