Following the Federal Government announcing new guidelines that stipulate all those entering aged care facilities must have received a current influenza vaccination; Monash Health Residential Services have introduced additional regulations that are now in place for all employees.
These regulations will ensure we can protect those in our care who are most vulnerable to the effects of the flu.
From 1 May 2020, any employee who does not have evidence of a current influenza vaccine and will be unable to work within Residential Services at Monash Health. These employees will be redeployed to other work sites.
Monash Health will be seeking appropriate evidence of immunisation status from individuals seeking to enter one of our Homes.
Evidence may include:
- Direct from Monash Health records if immunised as part of the Monash Health vaccination program
- A statement of record from a health practitioner
- An immunisation history statement available from Medicare online or the Express Plus Medicare mobile app.
We will maintain records to support effective administration and to substantiate compliance with
What residential services employees need to do:
- Have you had your flu vaccination? If no, you have until 30 April 2020 to be compliant.
- If you received your flu vaccination at Monash Health in 2020 – you do not need to do anything else.
- If you received your flu vaccination outside of Monash Health (including drive-in vaccination clinics) – you need to provide appropriate evidence by 30 April 2020 (please see list above).
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in delivering safe, high-quality care to all our Care Recipients.
Authorised by Karen Lowe, Executive Director People and Culture on 28 April 2020
Signed off by HICT on 29 April 2020