The Department of Health and Human Services is collecting data on incidents relating to COVID-19 in all health services across Victoria. To capture this data, a new mandatory field called “COVID-19 related?” will be opened up in RiskMan from today.
Employees are to select “Yes” in this field if any incident is identified that is related to COVID-19 regardless of the patient’s COVID-19 status. Examples include but are not limited to:
- Delays in care related to COVID-19 impacting non-COVID-19 patients
- Delays in care for patients who are confirmed or suspected COVID-19
- Poor communication of COVID-19 status impacting patient care or resulting in potential exposure
- Issues related to
- PPE access or use
- Cleaning of COVID-19 areas
- COVID-19 testing
- New work processes developed to manage the risk of COVID-19 that have impacted care
- Providing care to known or suspected COVID-19 patients
If the incident is related to a patient suspected or known to have COVID-19, but the incident itself is unrelated to their COVID-19 status or COVID-19 processes more broadly, select “No”.
If you have any queries regarding reporting COVID-19 incidents, please contact your Quality Partner or RiskMan Support in the Quality and Safety Unit on 9594 4091 or 9594 4007.
Approved by Professor Carlos Scheinkestel, Executive Director Quality, Safety and Patient Experience