To ensure employees working from home have safe and secure access to HR 21/Employee Self Service, Monash Health will be implementing two-factor authentication from Wednesday 17 June, 8.00pm.
Two-factor authentication is a commonly used method which involves using two different criteria to allow access to a website or account. This will be the same two-factor authentication that you would now be using to access Webmail.
When accessing HR 21/Employee Self Service, from home, or off–site, you will be prompted to enter a passcode to confirm your identity in addition to your user credentials (e.g. employee number) before being able to log in. You will be able to do this by either:
- Requesting an automated SMS message containing a passcode on your mobile device
- Using the Google Authenticator App on your smartphone device to retrieve a passcode.
Intranet access to the HR 21/Employee Self Service from within Monash Health will not be affected.
What do I need to do?
If you have already registered to receive a passcode via SMS or Google Authenticator and are currently using this system for applications such as Webmail, you do not need to take any action.
To set up an SMS passcode, please follow these steps before Wednesday 17 June, 8.00pm:
- To receive an automated SMS message, please ensure that your mobile number is entered correctly by using the Employee Self Service portal located on:
- The Intranet using the ‘ESS / Payslips / HR21’ tab
- MonashHealth.org under the ‘Employees section’ – click on the ‘HR 21/Employee Self Service’ link under the employee self–service tools.
- To check your mobile number, log in to HR 21/Employee Self Service, and check your details under ‘1. My Details’, then ‘Addresses’ and enter your mobile number in the ‘Mobile’ field. Note: the number you enter into the ‘Mobile’ field will be used to receive your SMS passcode, not the ‘Work Mobile’ field.
- Please remember to save your changes before logging out.
Missed the deadline or need support?
If you were unable to register for a SMS passcode prior to 8.00pm, Wednesday 17 June, or you have an issue setting up two-factor authentication or accessing HR 21/Employee Self Service remotely, please log a ticket via Central, or contact IT Service Desk on 9594 7255 (Option 1), quoting Central Change reference #1590
Approved by Emilio Pozo, Executive Director, Digital Health