Many employees will be returning to their work premises in the coming weeks.
For those who wish to continue in their role/area, despite being determined to be at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19 and working in high-risk areas and/or patient-facing roles, you must download and complete the Acknowledgement of employer advice form and email it to COVID19employeeenquiries@monashhealth.org prior to your return.
This form acknowledges that Monash Health has offered you suitable alternatives for your employment and that you have decided to remain in your current and usual role while a person at higher risk.
Your decision to continue working can be reviewed and/or changed at any time for as long as you remain a person who may be at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19.
An employee who meets any of the below criteria is considered to be at higher risk of serious illness from COVID-19:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees 50 years and older with one or more chronic medical conditions
- Employees 65 years and older with chronic medical conditions
- Employees 70 years and older
- Employees with compromised immune systems
- Employees who are pregnant are considered potentially vulnerable, particularly from 28 weeks gestation.
Approved by Karen Lowe, Executive Director, People and Culture