Our Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system upgrade is just around the corner.
Our focus is on ensuring the EMR continues to best meet the needs of our organisation. To do this, we’re introducing a range of improvements and enhancements in the way we use the EMR and the data it captures. Here are a few examples of some of the changes:
For medical users
- Updates to the look and feel of the Venous thromboembolism (VTE) Care Pathways, as well as an ‘auto-complete’ functionality on patient discharge.
- Updates to streamline the Discharge Medication Reconciliation screen
- Ability to reset Cross Encounter Reconciliation screen.
- Results Endorsement enhancement to enable a search for the appropriate Message Centre Pool for medical service monitoring.
- Plus, many other usability improvements
For all disciplines
- Update to ‘IPASS’ (Illness Severity, Patient Summary, Actions, Situational Awareness and Planning, Synthesis by Receiver) requiring the ‘available to all’ function to be actively selected as it no longer defaults.
- Updates to the look and feel of the ‘Problem List’ search function within Workflow Mpages e.g. ‘ISBAR’ (Identification, Situation, Background, Assessment, Recommendation) handover, Doctor workflow) which now includes laterality and onset date.
- Update to Observation Chart where repeated alerts for Conscious State will only be triggered if the patient’s condition worsens.
For Emergency Department teams
- Updates to the look and feel of LaunchPoint, as well efficiencies such as being able to open a patient’s chart directly from the patient summary slide out.
- Enhancements to patient ID from LaunchPoint including visibility of patient middle name and improvements to the way patient records are highlighted upon selection.
Within the week, we’ll be publishing the updated Quick Reference Guides and Key Workflow Videos on the EMR Website to ensure you understand what the changes will mean for you.
We plan to upgrade the system commencing the night of Tuesday 30 June, and the new changes will be available to you the morning of Wednesday 1 July.
The EMR has supported the safe, high quality and timely care of all patients, including during our COVID-19 response, with a range of enhancements already made to support your decision making and help you to continue delivering outstanding levels of care. For more information about the EMR, visit: www.emrmonashhealth.org.
Approved by Emilio Pozo, Executive Director, Digital Health