We are 13 % or almost 2000 people short of our target for flu vaccination, with six weeks to go.
At 87.3%, we are close, but not close enough. At Monash Health – as with all Victorian health services – 100 % employee vaccination or declaration is mandatory as of this year, particularly in higher risk areas such as ED, ICU and NICU.
This winter we know we are dealing with two viruses in our community: COVID-19 and influenza. Given we can only vaccinate against one of those, it’s important we protect the vulnerable people in our community along with ourselves, our patients, our colleagues, our families, and our health care system.
If you are one of the almost 2,000 employees yet to be vaccinated, you must act today to get us to 100%.
What if I received my flu vaccine outside of Monash Health?
- Complete the quick online declaration form if you have received your vaccination elsewhere; this includes our drive-in immunisation clinics. You must also complete the declaration form if you do not intend to receive the flu vaccine. It will take just one minute.
What if I have questions about the flu vaccine?
- Email our infection prevention team via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read the summary from Director Infection Prevention Rhonda Stuart from a recent Employee Webex Forum on the importance of ensuring you receive your flu vaccination this year.
Where can I get my free flu shot?
- Get your free vaccination at Monash Health by visiting one of the Infection Prevention Offices at Monash Medical Centre, Dandenong Hospital, Moorabbin, Kingston, or Casey Hospital, which are open from Monday to Friday.
- You can also choose to visit our new drive-in immunisation clinic or receive your vaccination off-site at a pharmacy or GP etc however you must complete the quick online declaration form
I’m a manager, can I check the status of my team?
Log into the Business Intelligence Portal to find out where you sit.
Approved Associate Professor Rhonda Stuart, Medical Director Infection Prevention