Over 4000 employees completed the COVID-19 employee survey in June this year and we’re keen to hear how things have changed for you over the last four months.
To understand how the efforts put in place throughout this year are working and where further effort is needed, we are again running our short, confidential survey.
Please take five minutes to tell us how you are feeling now, by completing the new survey by Thursday 29 October.
As we move to the ‘covid normal’, we want to ensure you are supported.
There are four additional questions this time, with a stronger focus on fatigue, mental and physical wellbeing and how you are engaging with your manager – and how they are responding – when raising concerns or problems.
We will be able to compare results with the June survey and use them to guide our ongoing pandemic response, supporting you through any ongoing challenges.
On the basis of the June survey results, we have:
- expanded the number of available shared spaces
- continued with a program of employee forums, with regular updates on key issues and allowing you to ask questions directly of the executive
- dedicated time to wellbeing topics at the Thursday employee forums
- dedicated time at the Manager Briefings to topics such as positive leadership, the gift of feedback, communicating in uncertain times, managing virtual teams and more
- expanded on the Manager communication elements of the coronavirus website
- continued to reinforce safety messages in relation to PPE, social distancing, hand hygiene and shared spaces
- conducted dedicated nursing and midwifery forums
- continued to expand and improve on the coronavirus website content.
As with the last survey, you will be asked about the effectiveness of initiatives implemented in response to the pandemic, whether you are feeling supported and safe, whether the communication has been timely, and more. There is also the opportunity to provide comments.
You will not be asked to provide your name or personal details. Basic demographic data about site location, profession, and whether you are in a patient-facing role is being collected, so that feedback can be provided in a meaningful way to the executive and senior leadership team. You will also be asked whether you responded last time, so we can compare results more effectively.
Results will also be presented back via iNews and employee forums.
Approved by Karen Lowe