With a focus on our work to prepare and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, Chief Executive, Andrew Stripp, presented the 2019-20 Annual Report at the 2020 Annual General Meeting and Open Board Meeting.
It’s no surprise that Medical Director, Infection Prevention, Professor Rhonda Stuart and the Infection Prevention team are on the cover of this year’s report, given the key role they played in our response to the pandemic.
The report was developed around how we demonstrate our strategic principles in action, highlighting the COVID-19 response alongside the delivery of ongoing excellent care.
The report features:
- the opening of the $135 million Casey Hospital expansion
- the story of the new Distribution Service Centre and the key role it played in the supply chain for the state wide pandemic response
- the incredible work of our award-winning Support Services team
- our world-class clinical and translational research, with over 280 new and 1,500 patient-focused research projects underway
- the largest Go-Live of an Electronic Medical Record in Australia
- the launch of the Monash Health Aboriginal Reconciliation Action Plan
- some significant improvements to our environmental footprint
- and our ongoing response to family violence.
In opening the 2019-20 AGM, Monash Health Board Chair, Dipak Sanghvi, said, “While some accomplishments can be quantified, it’s the many daily acts of compassion and kindness of our teams that contributed to immeasurable positive outcomes for our community.”
In his report, CE Andrew Stripp said, “It was – and is – a unique year. And we met it head-on with compassion, kindness and a determination to succeed.”
Financially speaking, in 2019-2020 Monash Health achieved a surplus result of $0.44 million compared with a deficit result of $10.69 million in 2018-2019.
Total revenue from operations for the 2019-2020 financial year was $2,113.3 million which is an increase of $177.8 million or 9.1 per cent compared with the previous year.
The report is available on monashhealth.org today, having earlier been tabled in parliament.
Thank you to all the teams and individuals who helped pull the report together.