As of tomorrow, Wednesday 20 January, all sacred spaces and prayer rooms across several Monash Health sites will reopen for use. These spaces are places where all faiths and understandings of spirituality are respected. They are open to anyone who would like to take time out to reflect, pray or simply be still.
It is important to check the room capacity and the number of occupants in the space before checking into the space using the displayed QR code.
People intending to use a prayer mat must bring their own. Mats must not be left in or near prayer spaces to ensure the spaces are cleaned as per Monash Health procedures.
Below is a list of the spaces available and where you can locate them:
- Clayton chapel – Level 2, adjacent to Lecture Theatre 1
- Clayton prayer spaces (male and female) – Level 2, adjacent to the orange lifts
- Dandenong sacred space – Level 2, near Zouki café
- Casey sacred space and prayer room – Ground floor, down the corridor from the main foyer and just past the pharmacy
- Kingston chapel and prayer room – at the Transit Lounge end of the linkway
- Moorabbin prayer room – Level 3 Room E3-235, adjacent to the library
Approved by David Ballantyne