Returned travellers from Western Australia
Following a person in Perth testing positive to COVID-19, parts of Western Australia have been declared designated red zones.
If you arrived from Western Australia between 25 – 31 January 2021 and you visited a designated red zone, you must:
- Get tested immediately.
- Isolate until you receive a negative result. Do not attend work.
- Contact your manager.
- Contact the COVID-19 Employee Hotline on 959 45815 (7am to 7pm – 7 days a week).
- Monitor for symptoms in the following two weeks post-exposure and repeat testing (and isolate until the result is known) if symptoms develop.
You can return to work when you receive a negative result, if you have no symptoms.
All those who arrive from Western Australia after midnight tonight, Sunday 31 January 2021, and who visited a designated red zone: Perth, Peel, or South West, must enter mandatory hotel quarantine for 14 days.
Other parts of Western Australia are green zones (including if you transited at Perth airport).
If you have attended any of these exposure sites, you must contact the Department of Health and Human Services on 1300 651 160 before you return to work.
New South Wales zone changes
- Following continued low community transmission and exposure risk, from 6:00pm on 29 January 2021 the last red zone in New South Wales, the Local Government Area (LGA) of Cumberland, has transitioned to an orange zone. If you have been isolating after being in Cumberland LGA NSW, you are now permitted to leave isolation if you have received a negative test result since arriving. You can return to work if you don’t have symptoms.
- All remaining orange zones have transitioned to green. Anyone with a valid permit will be able to enter Victoria from New South Wales.
- Travel from an orange zone requires people to self-isolate, get tested within 72 hours of arrival and remain in quarantine until they receive a negative result. Travel from a green zone requires people to watch and get tested if they have any symptoms at all.
Updated advice for screening teams
All managers are requested to share these updates with their teams and discuss at stand-ups and handovers. Please print a copy and display it in communication books and on employee noticeboards.