The Monash Health team’s hard work and expertise made the news over the past few days, and particularly on Monday 22 February when we began vaccinating prioritised Phase 1a frontline employees and aged care recipients as part of the Commonwealth Government’s COVID-19 vaccination program. Catch up on the coverage and headlines below.
Preparing for the vaccine
- Watch the Seven news coverage on Twitter as the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine arrives at Monash Medical Centre, Clayton.
- Chief Executive Andrew Stripp speaks on Drive with Raf Epstein on ABC radio about Monash Health preparing to begin the vaccination rollout (starts at 1:37:30)
- Dandenong ICU Nurse Manager Rachel Hogben spoke to Nine News about rolling up her sleeves in readiness to receive the vaccine.
Vaccination commences – 22 February 2021
- The Age –Vaccine rollout begins as Victoria records no new cases
- Hearld Sun – First Victorian receives COVID vaccine as Australia’s rollout officially begins
- ABC News – Victoria records zero coronavirus cases as Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine rollout begins
9 News Melbourne
- Watch the 9 News coverage on Twitter as Professor Rhonda Stuart and Dr Sumitha Bhaskaran receive their first dosage of the Pfizer Vaccine
- Watch the 9 News live coverage on Twitter as Professor Rhonda Stuart receives the first COVID-19 Pfizer/BioNTech vaccination live.
- Watch the 9 News coverage on the 9 News website as reporters across Australia discuss the beginning of the rollout of the PfizerBioNTech vaccine.
- Watch The Today Show coverage on Twitter as Professor Rhonda Stuart receives the Pfizer vaccine live
7 News Melbourne
- Watch the 7 News coverage on YouTube as Professor Rhonda Stuart & Rachel Hogben roll up their sleeves to get their first dosage of the Pfizer Vaccine and discuss
- Head of infection control, Rhonda Stuart speaks with 7 News about rolling up her sleeve to be the first person to receive the Pfizer vaccine in Melbourne
- Watch Sunrise coverage on Twitter as Professor Rhonda Stuart receives the Pfizer vaccine live
10 News Melbourne
- Watch the Channel 10 coverage on Twitter as Professor Rhonda Stuart receives the first Pfizer vaccine administered in Melbourne
Sky News Australia
- Watch the Sky News coverage on Twitter as Professor Rhonda Stuart discusses her thoughts after being the first Victorian to receive the Pfizer vaccine