UPDATE 19 March 2021: This information has now been superseded. Please view latest information here.
All patient-facing employees from any site may now book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at our Casey, Moorabbin or Kingston clinics.
‘Patient-facing’ means any contact with patients. If your role has no direct contact with patients, please wait for an announcement regarding your vaccination. We will get to you as soon as possible.
The additional capacity from our new vaccination clinics means we have appointments available for all patient-facing employees (including those in Phase 1b) at our Casey, Moorabbin or Kingston clinics.
A proportion of appointment times each day will be reserved for any remaining Phase 1a employees.
Currently, these clinics are providing the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine. This may change depending on supply. Which vaccine you receive will depend on availability at the time of your appointment.
Both vaccines are TGA-approved and have proven to be highly effective in reducing severe illness, hospitalisation and death from COVID-19.
It is not which type of vaccine you receive that will make the difference – it’s getting vaccinated.
Making a booking
You should talk to your manager before booking – to ensure they can maintain continuity of care in your work area. Once you’ve discussed suitable times with your manager, make a booking as below:
- Casey Hospital – Appointment times: 7.30am – 4.45pm, 7 days per week – Call 8572 2156 to book
- Kingston Centre – Appointment times: 7.30am – 4.45pm, Monday to Friday – Call 8572 2156 to book
- Moorabbin Hospital– Appointment times: 7.30am – 4.45pm, Monday to Friday
- For appointments up until 19 March – Book online
- For appointments from 20 March onwards – Call 8572 2156 to book
Our vaccination booking line (03 8572 2156) is open 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-4pm weekends. The line can be very popular, so please be patient, request a call back, or try again later if the lines are busy.
If there are spare appointment slots during the day, targeted bookings will be coordinated through managers.
About your appointment
- Please attend the clinic at the correct time and complete the Pre-vaccination Checklist provided to you at the appointment.
- Wear a mask and remember to practice physical distancing.
- After vaccination, you will remain at the clinic for 15-30 minutes following the injection and will then be signed-out.
- Potential reactions will be discussed with you as part of the vaccination procedure.
Vaccinated elsewhere, or choosing not to vaccinate?
If you have been vaccinated elsewhere or are opting not to be vaccinated, please complete the quick online declaration here.
You can learn more about our vaccination program here: https://coronavirus.monashhealth.org/vaccination/