UPDATE 19 March 2021: This information has now been superseded. Please view latest information here.
All patient-facing employees from any site may now book a COVID-19 vaccination appointment at our Casey, Moorabbin or Kingston clinics.
‘Patient-facing’ means any contact with patients. If an employee’s role has no direct contact with patients, they should wait for an announcement regarding their vaccination.
The additional capacity from our new vaccination clinics means we have appointments available for all patient-facing employees (including those in Phase 1b) at our Casey, Moorabbin or Kingston clinics.
A proportion of appointment times each day will be reserved for any remaining Phase 1a employees.
Currently, Casey, Moorabbin and Kingston clinics are providing the Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine. This may change depending on supply. Which vaccine employees receive will depend on availability at the time of their appointment. Both vaccines are TGA-approved and have proven to be highly effective in reducing severe illness, hospitalisation and death from COVID-19.
It is not which type of vaccine people receive that will make the difference – it’s getting vaccinated.
Actions for Managers
- Please let your team know that appointments are now available for all patient-facing Monash Health Employees at our Casey, Moorabbin or Kingston clinics. This includes 1a and 1b employees.
- Ask your team to discuss booking an appointment with you before contacting the booking line. This will allow you to schedule your team members across days and weeks, so you can maintain safe staffing levels and cover any gaps caused by potential sick leave.
- Please let your team know that we expect a large volume of calls to the booking line in the first 24-48hrs. This may result in delays, and their patience is appreciated.
- Please use the following leave code: ‘COVID Lve – vaccine sick leave‘ If any of your team need to take sick leave post-vaccination
- Regularly remind your patient-facing team members to book and attend appointments.
- Ask your team to complete our quick online declaration if they have been vaccinated elsewhere or are opting not to be vaccinated.
Making a booking
Your team members should talk to you before booking – to ensure you can maintain continuity of care in your work area.
- Casey Hospital – Appointment times: 7.30am – 4.45pm, 7 days per week – Call 8572 2156 to book
- Kingston Centre – Appointment times: 7.30am – 4.45pm, Monday to Friday – Call 8572 2156 to book
- Moorabbin Hospital– Appointment times: 7.30am – 4.45pm, Monday to Friday
- For appointments up until 19 March – Book online
- For appointments from 20 March onwards – Call 8572 2156 to book
Our vaccination booking line (03 8572 2156) is open 8am-6pm weekdays and 9am-4pm weekends. The line can be very popular, so please be patient, request a call back, or try again later if the lines are busy.
Vaccinated elsewhere, or choosing not to vaccinate?
If employees have been vaccinated elsewhere or are opting not to be vaccinated, they should complete the quick online declaration here.
If you or your team have questions, please ring the Monash Health Employee Hotline on 03 9594 5815 between 7am – 8pm before calling the COVID-19 Vaccination Bookings Hotline to make an appointment.
Learn more about our vaccination program here: https://coronavirus.monashhealth.org/vaccination/