Employees recently returned from Perth
As a result of a positive COVID-19 test from a recently returned traveller, anyone who was on Qantas Flight 778 to Melbourne from Perth on Wednesday 21 April is being asked to contact the Victorian Department of Health on 1300 651 160, get tested immediately and isolate for 14 days.
Anyone on this flight is being regarded as a primary close contact.
Any Monash Health employee who was on this flight needs to:
- Get tested immediately.
- Isolate until you receive a negative result.
- Do not attend work.
- Contact your manager.
- Contact the COVID-19 Employee Hotline on 959 45815 (7am to 7pm – seven days a week).
- Monitor for symptoms in the following two weeks post-exposure and repeat testing (and isolate until the result is known) if symptoms develop.
If you were a passenger on Flight 778, you must also contact the Department of Health on 1300 651 160 before you return to work.
Health authorities are working to identify any exposure sites.
Employees are encouraged to monitor the list of Victorian exposure sites: https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
Updated advice for screening teams:
- Updated employee screening advice can be found here.
- Updated visitor screening questions can be found here.
Thank you for your assistance as we work to maintain a safe workplace for everyone.
All managers are requested to share these updates with their teams and discuss at stand-ups and handovers. Please print a copy and display it in communication books and on employee noticeboards.