We are delighted to congratulate our Junior Medical Staff on an extraordinary 2021.
Following nominations in 2021, Monash Health would like to recognise the contributions of 12 JMS who were selected as ‘JMS of the Year’ in their respective programs. These doctors were nominated for their dedication to patient care and leadership within the organisation.
The ceremony was hosted by Dr Anjali Dhulia, Chief Medical Officer, via Webex at 2pm on Friday 14 January 2022, in conjunction with the ‘Monash Doctors Teach Students 2021 – Teaching Excellence Awards’. Dr Siobhan Lockwood, Deputy Chair of the Senior Medical Staff Association presented the JMS of the Year Award and Dr Chris Chew and Dr Stephanie Cheng presented the Teaching Excellence award.
‘JMS of the Year 2021’ Award Recipients
- Intern of the Year – Nisal Punchihewa
- HMO of the Year – Anjali Mardolkar
- Pathology – Joshua Rosen
- Emergency Medicine – Ruth McLeod
- Specialty Medicine – Jason Vuong
- Women’s and Newborn – James Aridas
- Diagnostic Imaging – Kevin Zhou
- Children’s Medicine – John Doan
- Surgery and Interventional Services – Darius Tan
- Mental Health – Dishari Sarkar
- Acute, Subacute, Community Medicine – Alisha Spiteri
- Critical Care – Inamul Rahiman
‘Monash Doctors Teach Students 2021 – Teaching Excellence Awards’ Recipients
- Dr Scott McNeil
- Dr Andrew Nguyen
- Dr Rachel Rebecca
- Dr William Slifirski
Congratulations to the recipients for their commitment to Monash Health in 2021.
Approved by Anjali Dhulia