Acute Cardiovascular Emergencies
ACE is a one-day simulation course designed for medical and nursing staff who respond to acute cardiovascular emergencies. The course aims to improve knowledge and skills in assessing and managing patients with acute cardiac conditions.
Course at a glance
The course utilises a blended learning approach to maximise the opportunity for hands-on practice of clinical skills and to explore clinical decision making in immersive simulation scenarios.
Topics included in the course are:
- Vascular access and line insertion
- CPR, defibrillation and advanced cardiac life support
- External pacing
As well as the technical knowledge and skill required to manage complex cardiac events, ACE emphasises the importance of human factors skills; such as leadership, teamwork, and effective communication, which are known to contribute to improved patient safety.
Who can attend?
ACE is an interprofessional course, developed for:
- Medical staff during ED/ICU/anaesthetic rotations
- Medical registrars attending MET calls
- Registered nurses working in ED/ICU/anaesthetic areas
- Registered nurses working in cardiology
How do I book?
Please follow the link below to our secure online registration gateway (Try Booking): https://www.trybooking.com/BMSRD
For dates and information, download the flyer here.
T: 9928 8314