Voluntary Assisted Dying – expert webinar
Three medical experts will discuss when and how to appropriately respond to a patient’s query about voluntary assisted dying; practicalities and legalities, and the personal and professional impact of participation. The one-hour live webinar will provide you an opportunity to ask questions of the experts and consider your own level of comfort for participating in voluntary assisted dying.
- Dr Matt Ligtermoet (Neurologist)
- Dr Peter Lange (Geriatrician and physician)
- Dr Cam McLaren (Oncologist)
The session will provide an opportunity for you to consider your level of involvement in voluntary assisted dying and how you will support any patients who ask you about it:
- When and how to address a patients’ query about voluntary assisted dying
- Your roles and responsibilities
- The assessment process for individuals seeking voluntary assisted dying
- The training requirements for doctors
- Levels of participation for doctors
- The personal and professional impact of participating in voluntary assisted dying
- Available financial, practical and peer support for doctors, individuals and families
This session is specifically for specialist doctors in public and private practice – it will include a Q&A discussion between Matt, Peter and Cam and an opportunity to address your questions.
The session will be facilitated by the voluntary assisted dying care navigators (Susan Jury & Mel van Diemen). You will be able to send or ask questions during the session.