World Elder Abuse Awareness Day – Join us to learn more
Monday 15 June is World Elder Abuse Awareness Day (WEAAD); an opportunity to promote awareness of elder abuse in our community and the impacts it has on the health, wellbeing and independence of older people.
The Monash Health family violence team is hosting an event to highlight our continued work in providing employees with the information and tools they need to identify and respond to elder abuse. The event will also provide employees and local partners with a better understanding of the new guardianship laws and how they support the human rights of older people.
Join Chief Executive Andrew Stripp, Interim Chief Nursing and Midwifery Officer Katrina Nankervis, and special guest Brendan Klimek, an experienced Advocate Guardian from the Office of the Public Advocate.
Monash Health Elder Abuse Liaison Officer, Selina Nivelle and Catherine Hayden, a representative from Better Place Australia, will also be online to answer questions about how Monash Health manages issues of elder abuse and how you can access their support via secondary consultations.
Join us via Webex to learn more and ask your questions about the issue.
Time and Date
- Monday 15 June
- 1.00pm – 2.15pm
What will the event cover?
- Presentation on Changes to Guardianship Laws – older people have human rights too, Brendan Klimek, Advocate Guardian, Office of the Public Advocate
- Explanation of Monash Health’s role leading an Integrated Model of Care for Responding to suspected elder abuse, Selina Nivelle, Monash Health Elder Abuse Liaison Officer.
- The opportunity for you to ask question to our panel of experts via slido.
Join the Webex event:
- Event address: https://monashhealth-events.webex.com/monashhealth-events/onstage/g.php?MTID=e98642461b3bf463996c7b3c6b788779d
- Password: monashhealth
- Event Number: 165 276 3669
Use the event link on your computer or the event number on your Webex smartphone app to join this event.
Webex Events require extra steps to log in, including the event password, so please allow five minutes to join before the event start time.
Participate and ask questions using Slido
Our panel of experts will be here to help increase awareness and understanding by answering your questions. So, feel free to ask during the event. Simply log on log on to slido.com using your web browser or smartphone and enter the code #WEAAD2020.