Jodie Burns, Managing Principal Solicitor from the Victorian Government Solicitor’s Office, will present on some key occupational health and safety issues at this week’s manager forum, Management practices in the context of COVID-19.
The presentation for Monash Health managers will cover:
- health and safety obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004.
- managing workplace risks such as occupational violence and aggression
- trips, slips and falls and manual handling
- things that may trigger a WorkSafe inspector’s workplace visit
- an overview of a WorkSafe inspector’s powers upon entry
- managing a WorkSafe inspector’s workplace visit and how to avoid being issued with an improvement and/or prohibition notice and what to do if a notice is issued
- managing a notifiable incident
- an overview of Victoria’s workplace manslaughter offences, expected to commence in 1 July 2020.
This is an essential presentation if you have management responsibilities, and there will be the opportunity to ask questions via Slido.
Management practices in the context of COVID-19 runs every Wednesday from 2pm on Webex.
Approved by Michael Holman (acting for Karen Lowe)