The deadline for STAR Award nominations for the first quarter of 2021 is approaching. If you know someone who should be recognised, head to the STAR Portal and nominate them today!
Our health service is made up of people who strive for excellence in everything they do. We have faced so many unexpected challenges and changing circumstances, but we continue to go above and beyond to continue to deliver excellent outcomes. The STAR Awards are a great opportunity to highlight the hard work and dedication of some of our colleagues during this time.
There are eight categories that you can submit a nomination for:
- In Pursuit of Excellence – This category recognises an individual, group or team who have personified our intent to be relentless in the pursuit of excellence.
- Outstanding Care or Service Delivery – This category recognises an individual, group or team who have achieved outstanding care, or service delivery.
- Excellent Experiences – This award is for an individual, group or team who have made a positive impact to the experience of our people, patients or consumers.
- Exceptional Teamwork – This award is for individual, group or team who demonstrate outstanding teamwork qualities.
- Excellence in Research, Teaching and Innovation – This award is for an individual, group or team who develop innovative ways to improve the quality of health care and/or service delivery.
- Improving Care and Access – This award is for an individual, group or team that develop improved ways for patients to access and manage their care.
- Managing Wisely – This award is for an individual, group or team who actively look for ways to minimise waste and manage resources wisely.
- Excellence in Occupational health, safety and wellbeing – This award recognises an individual, group or team who have put health and safety at the heart of the way they work.
For more information on the categories and how to nominate a colleague, you can head to the STAR Awards page on the COVID-19 website.
Need inspiration? Check out last quarter’s winners
If you are struggling with what to write in your nomination, you can read about our STAR winners from last quarter.
Approved by Karen Lowe